Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Preparing for the new baby

Norse-Borgen multi-colored ridge Baby Booties (Boy's)
Image: handmaidenbymaria
We are well on our way to preparing for the new baby. I realized suddenly that we have just over a month left to get ready... and we were not even started yet! It's harder to get ready for your second child, because you are so busy taking care of the first one! I haven't really had a lot of time to celebrate the fact that we are going to have a new little one, what with hubby's new job, a big move, and a sweet little girl to take care of.

So yesterday I cleared out some room in Doodlebug's cabinet and washed and folded all the tiny little baby clothes we've been given or had saved. I got them all sorted by size and the very tiniest are ready and waiting in the cabinet for our baby boy to come home. It was so strange to think that Doodlebug used to be that size! We will need to do some remodeling in the RV so we can fit a chest of drawers before winter (winter clothes take up more space), but for now there is room.

There is so much left to do, and I seem to be in a fit of nesting. It has been very hot here, so I'm trying to get things done during the heat of the day when we have to be inside under the A/C anyway. I still need to preregister for the hospital and pack a bag for myself, as well as a bag of special toys for Doodlebug (she will be in the delivery room with us most of the time). If anyone has any recommendations for an AWESOME toy for a two year old that's pretty quiet I would appreciate them.

I've been trying to keep up with my blog and pre-write some posts, but obviously I'll be pretty silent for most of the month of May. I still have April, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment