Friday, August 20, 2010

Waste Not, Want Not in the Kitchen-- chicken

I am constantly learning to waste less in the kitchen. Right now I don't do a big weekly meal plan because I never know how much of something I will have leftover, and I need the flexibility to use up the leftovers. Here is how meals went down last week with chicken.

Day one: Roasted chicken, bread, misc. veggies (made carcass into stock)
Day two: Chicken and Dumplin's (We always have tons of broth leftover from this but not so many dumplings, so the broth usually goes to waste... not this time)

Day three: Chicken pot pie. I just used the tiny little pieces of chicken I had leftover with a bag of mixed veggies and the Chicken and Dumplin' broth as gravy in a pie crust.

I also used my tiny little leftover bits of pie crust. Just tossed them in the toaster oven to be tasty chips/cookies.

Stay tuned for my yummy chicken and dumplin' recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment